What's better than a steak burger? A deluxe steak burger, of course! And this one will go down a treat at a Sunday barbie.
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 1/2 cup whole-egg mayonnaise
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 4 x 120g beef scotch fillet steaks, trimmed
- olive oil cooking spray
- 4 rashers Primo short-cut rindless bacon
- 4 bread rolls, halved
- 4 slices swiss cheese
- 50g mixed salad leaves
- 1 cup beetroot relish (see related recipe)
- Preheat barbecue plate on medium-high heat. Combine mayonnaise and garlic in a bowl. Cover and refrigerate.
- Season steaks with salt and pepper. Spray both sides steaks lightly with oil. Barbecue for 2 to 3 minutes each side for medium or until cooked to your liking. Transfer to a plate and cover loosely with foil. Set aside to rest.
- Add bacon to barbecue plate and cook for 2 minutes each side or until crisp.
- Preheat grill on medium heat. Layer cheese on cut side of bread roll tops. Place under grill for 2 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Spread garlic mayonnaise over bread roll bases. Top with salad leaves, steaks, bacon and beetroot relish. Sandwich with bread roll tops. Serve.