Ingredients (serves 4)
- 1 cup self-raising flour
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 3/4 cup reduced-fat milk
- 1 egg
- 2 x 125g corn kernels, drained, rinsed
- 100g green beans, trimmed, thinly sliced
- 2 medium tomatoes, deseeded, finely chopped
- 1 small red capsicum, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh coriander leaves
- Sift flour and seasoning into a bowl. Make a well in centre. Whisk milk and egg in a jug. Pour milk mixture into flour mixture. Whisk until smooth. Add corn, beans, tomato and capsicum. Stir to combine.
- Heat one-third of the oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. Add 1/4 cup vegetable mixture to pan. Using a spatula, spread until 10cm in diameter. Repeat to make 4 fritters.
- Cook for 2 to 3 minutes or until bubbles appear on the surface. Turn. Cook for 1 minute or until golden and cooked through. Transfer to a plate. Cover with foil to keep warm. Repeat with remaining oil and vegetable mixture to make 12 fritters.
- Meanwhile, combine sour cream and coriander in a bowl. Serve fritters with cream mixture.