Ingredients (serves 8)
- 1 tsp finely grated lime rind
- 2 tbs lime juice
- 1/3 cup (80ml) macadamia oil
- 1/2 tsp caster sugar
- 250g mesclun salad leaves
- 1/3 cup (45g) toasted macadamias, coarsely chopped
- Combine the lime rind and juice, oil and sugar in a small jug. Taste and season with salt and pepper.
- Place the salad leaves and half the macadamias in a large bowl. Drizzle with dressing and gently toss to combine. Sprinkle with remaining macadamias and serve immediately.
- Widely regarded as one of the healthiest edible oils, macadamia oil contains high levels of monounsaturated fatty acids, which are important in lowering blood cholesterol.