Ingredients (serves 4)
- 375g dried spaghetti pasta
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 250g shortcut rindless bacon rashers, thinly sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 large zucchini, grated
- 2 teaspoons finely grated lemon rind
- grated parmesan cheese, to serve
- Cook pasta in a large saucepan of boiling, salted water, following packet directions, until tender. Drain, reserving 1/2 cup cooking liquid. Return pasta to pan. Cover to keep warm.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Add bacon. Cook, stirring, for 3 minutes or until browned. Add garlic and zucchini. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Add bacon mixture to pasta. Add lemon rind, reserved liquid and remaining oil. Toss to combine. Top with parmesan. Serve.