Ingredients (serves 4)
- 1 x Basic roast chicken ingredients (see related recipe)
- 400g dried tortiglioni or rigatoni pasta
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 500g jar tomato pasta sauce
- 2 cups grated mozzarella cheese
- 100g baby spinach leaves
- Follow steps 1 to 3 of Basic roast chicken recipe. Remove skin and meat from chicken. Discard skin and bones. Roughly chop flesh.
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Cook pasta in a large saucepan of boiling salted water, following packet directions, until just tender. Drain. Return to saucepan.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a frying pan over medium-high heat. Add garlic and onion. Cook, stirring often, for 3 minutes or until tender. Add onion mixture, pasta sauce, chicken, 3/4 cup cheese and spinach to hot pasta. Season with salt and pepper. Toss gently until well combined.
- Spoon pasta mixture into a 7cm deep, 24cm x 19cm (base) baking dish. Top with remaining cheese. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until golden and heated through. Serve.