Ingredients (serves 6)
- 1 medium carrot, finely chopped
- 1 stick celery, finely chopped
- 3 (750g) potatoes, peeled, roughly chopped
- 4 cups (1 litre) chicken stock
- 2 corn cobs
- 500g gourmet marinara mix
- 200ml thickened cream
- Sea salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 tbs chopped fresh chives
- 2 tbs chopped fresh parsley
- Crusty French bread
- Place carrot, celery, potatoes and stock in a large pan. Cover and bring to the boil. Reduce heat and simmer for about 10 minutes, or until vegetables are tender. Process mixture until smooth. Return to pan.
- Cut kernels from corn cobs and add to soup. Simmer for 10 minutes, or until corn is tender.
- Reduce heat and add marinara mix and cream. Stir, without boiling for about 3 minutes or until seafood is cooked and chowder is hot. Season to taste.
- Stir through chives and parsley. Serve immediately with bread.