Ingredients (serves 4)
- 2 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sweet chilli sauce
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 600g chicken breast fillets, trimmed, thinly sliced
- 1 brown onion, cut into thin wedges
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 3 cups cold cooked rice (see note)
- 1 cup Thai basil leaves
- 4 green onions, sliced diagonally
- 1/4 cup fried shallots
- Combine soy sauce, sweet chilli sauce and oyster sauce in a small bowl. Set aside. Heat a wok over high heat until hot. Add 3 teaspoons oil and swirl to coat. Add half the chicken and stir-fry for 2 minutes or until browned. Transfer to a plate. Repeat with oil and remaining chicken.
- Add remaining 2 teaspoons oil and onion to wok. Stir-fry for 2 to 3 minutes or until golden. Add garlic and stir-fry for 30 seconds. Add egg and rice. Stir-fry for 2 to 3 minutes or until egg is well combined with rice.
- Return chicken to wok. Add soy sauce mixture, basil and green onions. Stir-fry for 1 to 2 minutes or until well combined. Spoon into bowls. Sprinkle with fried shallots and serve.